The build-up to next weekend’s Australian Grand Prix continues, with the famous Minardi two-seater visiting the city of Ballarat today, where former driver Zsolt Baumgartner performed a demonstration in front of approximately 5,000 motorsport fans.
Traffic was brought to a standstill when the Hungarian’s car looped along Sturt Street between Lydiard and Grenville Streets, with the demonstration finishing at the Bridge Mall, where the car was displayed for photo opportunities.
Ballarat is located some 105km from Melbourne and the Victorian state’s third most populated city. The city’s history was as a gold rush boomtown when the precious metal was discovered in 1851.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020