With the season-opening Grand Prix just days away, Fernando Alonso has kicked off with a few mind games by vowing to exact his revenge on Sebastian Vettel for winning the 2010 World Championship that the Spaniard felt should have been his.
But for a poor strategy call at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Alonso could have won a third straight title after staging a remarkable recovery in the second half of the season. It is widely believed that Ferrari is Red Bull’s closest – some might argue, only – rival for the 2011 championship crowns.
Speaking with Germany’s Welt am Sonntag newspaper, Alonso said: “In 2011, I want a rematch of last year.
“I want the world title to be mine at the end of the year, and also in 2012, 2013 and every subsequent year. There is no other goal,” the bullish 29-year-old added.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020