Williams driver Rubens Barrichello is in a bit of a pickle after finding himself stranded at Buenos Aires’ international airport, his departure point to get to Australia for the Grand Prix in just a few days’ time!
It is believed that all three of the city’s main airports have shut down by the National Civil Aviation Agency due to a major meltdown in the airports’ communication systems, and it’s not known when they will be able to reopen.
“Argentina airport has closed it down,” a seemingly frantic Barrichello wrote on his Twitter feed. “No news and I need to get to Australia. Any ideas?”
At this stage, no, but we’ll keep our readers posted on his progress!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020