Ashley Hart, model and ambassador for the event, arrived at the civic building in the Minardi two-seater to meet the city’s Lord Mayor, Robert Doyle, and unveil the QANTAS-labelled grid girl outfits created by fashion Jayson Brunsdon.
The winning design was the most-selected in a popular vote out of three shortlisted as finalist designs.
The Grand Prix has had a history of peaks and troughs when it comes to the design of the grid girls’ outfits, with last year’s designs copping plenty of criticism.
Here’s a gallery of some of the best and worst of the past fifteen years’ of Australian Grand Prix grid girl outfits.
|2005 – Fosters went international||2006 – red devils|
|1996 – Off to netball…||2001 – bucket hats?||2010 – funeral chic!|
[Images via Herald Sun]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020