As the first hearing of its High Court fight with Group Lotus kicks off today, Hunt launched his own claims yesterday that he had not been paid by Team Lotus co-owner Tony Fernandes under the terms of the deal.
Hunt – who is now being for defamation by Fernandes – told the British press: “He’s apparently changed his mind [over the deal] at the eleventh hour … and he’s trying to renegotiate by offering new terms which are, frankly, ludicrous.”
The team had responded with a strongly worded statement alleging that it was Hunt who was now trying to rewrite the rules by renegotiating the deal.
Today Fernandes wrote an interesting post on his very active Twitter feed: “Greed corrupts and turns people into monsters” – a line, no doubt, aimed squarely at Hunt.
[Original image via Team Lotus]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020