And for concerned fans out there, an update on Rubens Barrichello’s flight dramas…
It had looked like the Williams driver was in jeopardy of missing the start of the Australian Grand Prix weekend when Buenos Aires’ major international airport was closed due to a major communication failure across the city’s three airports.
“Argentina airport has closed it down,” a stressed Barrichello wrote on his Twitter feed earlier today. “No news and I need to get to Australia. Any ideas?”
But it seems that all is now resolved, with the Brazilian confirming he will be up in the air soon.
“It looks like the plane will leave tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1pm. It was a long day but I am happy that everything will be OK,” he tweeted.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020