… but unfortunately this very thing happened to Richie Stanaway, an up-and-coming driver from New Zealand who Richard’s F1 supports.
Stanaway, competing in the German F3 championship this year, suffered this big accident and miraculously emerged unhurt. Unfortunately his car is rather more messed up, and he will miss the upcoming open test at Spa-Francorchamps.
Stanaway was selected in the inaugural FIA Institue Young Driver Excellence Academy, a pool of twelve promising young drivers from around the world who are then put through a rigorous training and development programme under the watchful eye of former F1 driver Alexander Wurz.
[Image via Richie Stanaway]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020