Series organisers for the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters have announced they have cancelled the season-ending Shanghai street circuit race.
It turns out that China’s motorsport authorities have not sanctioned the DTM round, scheduled to take place on 6 November, due to the event clashing with the WTCC championship round at Guangdong.
The Chinese track became the latest addition to the DTM calendar since the championship re-formed in 2000, and DTM series organisers have declared their intention to get the race back on the calendar next year.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019