Series organisers for the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters have announced they have cancelled the season-ending Shanghai street circuit race.
It turns out that China’s motorsport authorities have not sanctioned the DTM round, scheduled to take place on 6 November, due to the event clashing with the WTCC championship round at Guangdong.
The Chinese track became the latest addition to the DTM calendar since the championship re-formed in 2000, and DTM series organisers have declared their intention to get the race back on the calendar next year.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020