Formula One in Melbourne – The First 10 Years, by Stuart Sykes
Hardcover, © 2005 News Custom Publishing, ISBN 9781876176969
With last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix rapidly becoming a figment of our memory, much of the the focus that weekend – certainly off-track at least – has centred around the very future of the race at Albert Park.
Formula 1 books that specifically concentrate on circuits are few and far between, but Stuart Sykes’ Formula One in Melbourne: The First 10 Years is an excellent example of why there should be more of these titles on sports’ bookshops around the world.
Published in 2005, this title looks at the first ten years of Grand Prix racing at the Melbourne circuit since the Australian Grand Prix moved from its first home at Adelaide.
This book will help many fans recall some of the truly thrilling moments on and off the circuit between 1996 and 2005, accompanied by many outstanding photographs from the team at LAT, and submissions from many of the world’s leading motorsport writers.
This is a great tribute to Melbourne’s premier sporting event – perhaps some of the event’s detractors might be well-served reading this title.
Using our unique ‘Chequered Flags’ rating system, we award Formula One in Melbourne: The First 10 Years…
OUT OF A POSSIBLE FIVE.
Formula One in Melbourne: The First 10 Years is available selected book resellers.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020