It turns out that Nick Heidfeld and Vitaly Petrov won’t be donning their usual black-and-gold racing suits at this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix.
Instead, to combat the typically energy-sapping heat and humidity everyone experiences at Sepang, the duo will don special “sparkling golden” suits when behind the wheel of their Lotus-sponsored R31 contenders, Heidfeld has announced.
“We hope to reduce the (heat) absorption and stay a bit cooler,” he is quoted as saying.
In keeping with the theme, one wonders if the team’s grid girls might resemble our lovely vixen from Goldfinger?
[Original image via Big Hollywood]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020