The Briton beats the record held for overt forty years by the late Jim Clark, who contested all 72 of his World Championship starts with Colin Chapman’s Team Lotus.
“It makes me feel very humble – I never saw Jim Clark race, but I know that he’ll always be remembered as one of the greats and as a loyal Lotus driver,” Hamilton is quoted as saying of his latest record. “Loyalty’s extremely important and I’m proud to be mentioned in the same breath as him.”
Dare we question your continued discussion of teaming up with Sebastian Vettel in the future then, Lewis?
Hamilton is certainly an unusual figure for having raced exclusively with the one outfit, although he is still well short of the 180 Grands Prix Michael Schumacher contested in Ferrari colours.
[Image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020