Tony Fernandes has announced a new date for the much-awaited stewardess debut for fellow airline magnate Sir Richard Branson, while also announcing that former team owner Eddie Jordan will act as the onboard DJ on the AirAsia X from the UK to Malaysia.
Branson – the principal backer of the Virgin Racing team – lost a bet that his team would finish ahead of Fernandes’ Lotus Racing (now Team Lotus) concern in the 2010 Constructors’ Championship standings. The loser of the bet would don stewardess’ regalia on the winner’s airline on a long-haul flight.
Branson was scheduled to squeeze his frame into the skirt, stockings and stilettos earlier this year, but had to postpone his appearance after a
bout of Dutch courage skiing accident.
“It’s official,” Fernandes wrote on Twitter. “Richard Branson will serve as stewardess on May 1st. Special AirAsia X flight. Seats on sale at AirAsia GO. All money to charity.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020