A journalist dared to suggest that the Australian is to Sebastian Vettel what Eddie Irvine was to Michael Schumacher during their time together at Ferrari.
“Absolutely f#%king ludicrous question, mate,” he snapped.
The 34-year-old, whose contract with the team runs out at the end of this season, endured a torrid Australian Grand Prix and a KERS-less Malaysian Grand Prix last weekend, and he now lies 28 points behind his championship-leading team-mate, who has won both races so far.
“He’s not just beating me, he’s beating everyone,” Webber continued. “People always make the natural comparison between you and your teammate, and Seb is driving really, really well and is on top of a lot of things at the moment.
“It could be a lot worse than it is at the moment," he added. "I am still performing pretty well, I believe, and also we’re learning a lot.”
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020