But not just any gold guitar – this one was owned by the renowned musician Prince (pictured).
The quirky singer recently held a fundraising auction of his memorabilia, and it seems Hamilton was the lucky buyer of the rare Fender Stratocaster model.
In an interview with talkshow host Geoge Lopez, Prince confirmed the details.
“We got $100,000 from Lewis Hamilton, the racing car driver. It will be hard to part with.”
[Original image via GigWise]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020