But not just any gold guitar – this one was owned by the renowned musician Prince (pictured).
The quirky singer recently held a fundraising auction of his memorabilia, and it seems Hamilton was the lucky buyer of the rare Fender Stratocaster model.
In an interview with talkshow host Geoge Lopez, Prince confirmed the details.
“We got $100,000 from Lewis Hamilton, the racing car driver. It will be hard to part with.”
[Original image via GigWise]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018