Ben Collins – better known in motoring circles as the former Stig from the hit show Top Gear – has been announced as one of the international guest drivers for the Kelly Racing-run Jack Daniel’s Racing team at October’s Armor All 600 on the streets of Surfers Paradise.
Collins was sacked by the TV show when he released a tell-all autobiography, The Man In The White Suit, (reviewed here) and it has been announced that he will team up as the co-driver to either Rick or Todd Kelly.
Collins will be one of 28 international drivers picked for the two-race event, and it will be the second time he will drive for the team after his appearance at the 2009 Bathurst 1000 endurance event, a race he performed while his alter ego role was still unknown.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020