Former Grand Prix driver – and close friend to Richard’s F1 – Derek Warwick will make his third appearance on the FIA Stewards’ panel at the Turkish Grand Prix.
The 56-year-old – a veteran of 146 Grands Prix with the likes of Toleman, Renault, Arrows and Lotus – fulfilled the same role at last year’s Spanish and Hungarian Grands Prix, issuing Michael Schumacher with a 10-place grid penalty at the latter after the seven-time World Champion was found guilty of unsportsmanlike driving when defending his position against Rubens Barrichello.
You can read about Warwick’s experience as a Steward – and his entire motorsport career – in our exclusive interview with him.
Don’t forget to check our our exclusive interview with former F1 pit reporter Louise Goodman, which will be published next week!
[Image via XPB]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020