Some of Virgin Racing’s much-needed upgrades for this weekend’s Turkish Grand Prix haven’t done the business, according to number-one driver Timo Glock.
Team-mate Jérôme d’Ambrosio – who is not running as many of the new parts as the German – has been quicker than Glock all weekend to-date.
“Some of the updates worked, some didn’t,” Glock told TV broadcaster Sky.
“The parts that would have brought most of the (lap) time didn’t (work).”
One of the biggest updates to the MVR-02 was a new exhaust configuration, but this has initially caused overheating problems, forcing the team to scale it back.
“We tried it yesterday,” Glock added. “and it didn’t work as it should have. There were some things becoming too hot, so we’ve had to [scale] back a bit.”
[Image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019