Renault driver Nick Heidfeld is celebrating his 34th birthday today!
With almost 180 Grands Prix under his belt, Heidfeld has the longest winless streak of any driver on the grid, where his last race win came in 1999 en route to winning the Formula 3000 title crown.
Heidfeld made his F1 debut the following year with the Prost team, before his stock rose with strong performances with Sauber between 2001-3. He joined Jordan in 2004, moved to Williams in 2005 and then to the now-BMW-owned Sauber operation in 2006, where he stayed for four years. Sidelined without a race drive for 2010, he returned to Sauber for the final races of the year, and is now in the Renault cockpit by dint of Robert Kubica’s rally injury.
We certainly hope Nick gets a great birthday present with a long-awaited Grand Prix win!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020