It is widely expected that the Harvey Postlethwaite-designed 308/2 will attract big money after being released from team founder Lord Alexander Hesketh’s private collection in 2007.
“This is an incredibly exciting car that carried one of the most well-known and loved British Formula 1 drivers to his first victory,” Silverstone Auctions MD Jonathan Whale told the Northampton Chronicle.
“It is a very important part of Formula 1 history that continues to be successfully raced (in historic events).
“We are very proud to offer it for sale during the Silverstone Classic. It seems fitting a car developed so nearby to Silverstone, at Lord Hesketh’s Northamptonshire estate, should be returning here to be sold with Silverstone Auctions.”
The car will be auctioned off on Saturday 23 July.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020