It would seem that there was a ring of truth amidst allegations that Adrian Sutil was involved in an incident in a Shanghai nightclub that saw Genii Capital executive Eric Lux (pictured) injured.
The Force India driver has issued a hasty apology after “unintentionally” injuring Lux, which saw the Frenchman bleeding from the neck after an alleged scrap with Sutil while the pair where kicking their heels in a VIP room at the M1NT nightclub after the Chinese Grand Prix.
Both Renault (owned by Genii Capital) and Force India have dismissed the matter as “private”.
“During a private event, there was a very unfortunate action by me in which I hurt another person completely unintentionally,” a statement from Sutil reads.
“I regret the incident and have apologised accordingly,” he added, adding that he would not comment further as the event where it happened was “not directly related to Formula 1 or my job as a Formula 1 driver”.
The Daily Mail claims Lux was injured after being ‘glassed’ by Sutil, and that he required several stitches.
A column in France’s Auto Plus claims Lux has suffered from hearing problems since the accident, with the report’s author – the noted F1 journalist Jean-Louis Moncet – claiming that Sutil was intoxicated at the time of the incident.
[Image via F1WM]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020