A plethora of Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso stars – of course! – were on-hand to witness the reopening of the ‘Red Bull Ring’, the circuit formerly known as the A1 Ring that was bought by Red Bull’s owner Dietrich Mateschitz.
Guests – including Niki Lauda and Gerhard Berger – were treated to a host of activities, including F1 and Formula 3000 demonstration runs from Mark Webber and Sebastien Buemi, and even a Red Bull Air Race plane using the main straight as runway!
Click on each of the thumbnails below to view a larger image…
|It was the F1 cars the fans came to see!||Upgraded pit facilities were part of the circuit’s rebuild|
|Adrian Newey and Christian Horner were also on hand. Horner – a former junior-series racer – took an ex-Arden Team Formula 3000 challenger for a spin around the former Grand Prix circuit|
|Three of the sport’s heavy hitters were present (L-R): F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz and Red Bull’s chief advisor Dr Helmut Marko.|
|Sebastien Buemi also went for a spin||A different kind of runway!|
[Images via GEPA and Reuters]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020