Mercedes-Benz competition boss Norbert Haug is keeping quiet in the wake of reports claiming that Mercedes GP looks set to introduce a radically-updated package at this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix.
The team has confirmed that – along with many of its rivals – that it will be running a host of new parts for this weekend’s race at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Rumours have suggested that the team may run a Red Bull Racing-inspired ‘flexible’ front wing and a Renault-inspired forward-facing exhaust layout.
“We have quite a few things in the pipeline, but Ross [Brawn, team principal to Mercedes GP] will hit me if I tell,” he quipped in an interview with IBNLive.com.
“So, [there’s] no chance that I can be specific,” he added.
[Image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020