The weather is not proving kind to the 40 IndyCar drivers wanting to put some practice laps in at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway ahead of qualifying for the Indy 500, with drivers forced to endure another washout at the oval circuit.
And rather than twiddling their thumbs, a host of the series’ drivers have resorted to a craze sweeping the world to keep themselves entertained: namely, ‘planking’ – having a taken of yourself lying face down, arms by your side, in unlikely (and safely, please!) public settings.
Unfortunately the internet craze has seen a few deaths and injuries – one person toppled off a seventh-floor balcony ledge in Australia – but the IndyCar drivers played it safe with some particularly creative results…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020