It would seems that the Ferrari axe had another workout, and this time it was technical director Aldo Costa who was guillotined, with the team issuing a press release confirming he had resigned
been pushed from his post.
As the Italian team battles without a win and only a single podium finish this season, the statement confirmed Costa had relinquished his post “to take on new responsibilities within the company”.
The team confirmed that recently-appointed Pat Fry had been promoted to Costa’s post.
The announcement is eerily reminiscent of chief engineer Chris Dyer’s ‘reappointment’ to a behind-the-scenes role during the 2010-11 off-season, although many speculated that Dyer had been made the fall guy for a strategy call during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that was believed to have cost Fernando Alonso a shot at the 2010 title.
[Original image via XPB]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020