Grand Prix Yesterday & Today – 100 Years of Motorsport Racing, by Bruce Jones
Hardcover, © 2006 Carlton Books, ISBN 9780733319518
And Grand Prix Yesterday & Today – 100 Years of Motorsport Racing by Bruce Jones – one of the doyens of motorsport writing – is a particularly special example of this kind of book.
The premise of the book is a ‘then and now’ theme, with each spread offering two contrasting photographs from the current and earlier periods of Formula 1 that concentrate on a specific aspect of the sport.
The images have all been sources from LAT’s extensive archive of photographic images, and there are some outstanding pictures in this very simple and effective presentation.
There are many aspects of the sport explored in this book, and the book goes beyond a superficial presentation of famous drivers and circuits to look at the fans, media, sponsorship, safety, and really everything!
The evolution of the sport could not be more strikingly presented, and Jones backs this up with punchy commentaries on each ‘side-by-side’ to give them greater context.
Using our unique ‘Chequered Flags’ rating system, we award Grand Prix Yesterday & Today – 100 Years of Motorsport Racing…
OUT OF A POSSIBLE FIVE.
Grand Prix Yesterday & Today – 100 Years of Motorsport Racing is available at specialist book resellers.
Click here to return to view other book reviews by Richard’s F1.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020