The verdict will confirm whether Team Lotus is allowed to use the ‘Lotus’ moniker in F1 and also if the team was in breach of its licensing agreement with carmaker Group Lotus, who abandoned a five-year deal with Tony Fernandes’ team to enter into a sponsorship tie-in with the Renault F1 team.
The case was originally heard in March, and the judge has spent the intervening time deliberating on his verdict.
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020