Lewis Hamilton was stripped of his fastest qualifying time in the final phase of qualifying, after race stewards ruled he had jumped the chicane to set his lap time, which was enough to place him seventh for tomorrow’s race.
The result sees the McLaren driver dumped to ninth on the grid, with his session already compromised after the accident involving Sergio Pérez.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020