Only a few minutes ago, Lewis Hamilton has taken to Twitter to offer an olive branch to his fans and drivers in the wake of his outburst after the Monaco Grand Prix.
“Hey guys. I wanted to apologise 4 last weekends performance & also my comments after, I never meant to offend no1 (sic),” he wrote to his almost 234,000 followers.
“I would also like to say thank u 2 everyone on here, 4 their positive messages & also 2 the angry messages (sic). I can respect them both,” he added.
And he also took time to specifically apologise to Felipe Massa and Pastor Maldonado, the two drivers he made contact with during the race, later accusing them of causing their respective accidents by turning in on him as he tried to pass.
“2 Massa & Maldonado, with the greatest respect I apologise if I offended u. Both of u r fantastic drivers who I regard highly (sic),” he added.
And lastly, to his fans: “2 my fans lost & my fans won, I wish u nothing but love & happiness. God Bless u (sic). Onwards & upwards, Montreal next. Lewis.”
[Images via Formula1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020