Autocourse Annual (2010-2011), edited by Alan Henry
Hardcover, © 2011 Icon Publishing, ISBN 9781905334575
Edited by leading F1 journalist Alan Henry, plus Formula One coverage from Simon Arron as Grand Prix editor and Mark Hughes as Technical editor, it has been long established as a genuine collector’s item. Autocourse has an unrivalled heritage which is recognised by the entire motorsport community – and numbers F1 luminaries Jackie Stewart, Murray Walker and Ron Dennis as devotees.
The book’s ‘Top 10 Drivers’ section always courts controversy. This year’s will be no exception and the naysayers will again complain that the nominees and rankings are not narrowed down objectively enough.
The other criticism will be – at $AU125.00 retail – it is highly priced and out of reach of the everyday fan, but it’s certainly a value-for-money proposition when you consider the quality and depth of the work on display.
Using our unique ‘Chequered Flags’ rating system, we award Autocourse 60th Year of Publication (2010-2011)…
OUT OF A POSSIBLE FIVE.
Autocourse 60th Year of Publication (2010-2011) is available at specialist bookstores. Our review copy was supplied to us by Renniks Publications.
Click here to return to view other book reviews by Richard’s F1.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020