Imagine swapping your safe, suburban ride for a vehicle with a design so unique that it can only work in the world’s most extreme or unusual environments?
Well, British actor Will Mellor and comedienne Kirsten O’Brien have done just that in this six-part BBC series that sees them tackle the most extreme environments and specialist vehicles in a bid to discover who is the better driver.
The type of craft that are tackled are completely off-the-wall: a Romanian Army tank, an amphibious rescue vehicle in Canada, French snow groomers, and seaport cranes. All are hopefully mastered through a series of tough and (at times) terrifying challenges, and the winner is the person who has ‘lived and breathed’ the vehicle in the truest sense.
This is a good little series if you’re into your ‘read trip rivalry’ scenarios, and it will certainly give viewers a great appreciation for the skills needed to master these craft.
Using our unique ‘Chequered Flags’ rating system, we award World’s Toughest Driving Tests…
OUT OF A POSSIBLE 5.
World’s Toughest Driving Tests is available for purchase at major stores.
Our review copy was supplied by Roadshow Entertainment.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020