Fernando Alonso has been awarded €73,000 in damages by a Spanish court after successfully suing a Spanish TV station for slander.
Reports in La Voz de Asturias and El Mundo read that a Madrid court has awarded settlement to Alonso after the 29-year-old sued the outlet for slander.
The presiding judge has ordered the network to award the damages payment and issue a correction to its original report.
Alonso will donate his proceedings to UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020