The Toro Rosso team is sporting new sponsor sticks on the nose cone and barge boards of its STR6 for the Canadian Grand Prix, in the form of Canadian-based plastics and chemicals manufacturer Nova Chemicals.
The company is chaired by Khadem al-Qubaisi, an Emirati business who heads the International Petroleum Investment Company, which is part of the Aabar consortium that has a part ownership of the Mercedes-Benz empire and the Mercedes GP team.
Rumours were doing the rounds during the Monaco Grand Prix that Toro Rosso had sold a stake to Aabar, as was evidenced by the Falcon Private Bank (also owned by Aabar) stickers it sported from the Spanish Grand Prix.
It would appear that the latest batch of sponsor stickers would all but confirm this transaction has taken place. Anyone care to bet on Toro Rosso becoming a Mercedes GP junior outfit in the future?
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Priaulx finally breaks through - 17 November, 2019
- WTCR: Team orders give Muller back-to-back wins - 17 November, 2019
- Superb Verstappen wins thriller in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Verstappen romps to pole in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Hamilton pips Verstappen in final practice - 17 November, 2019