The incredible reception to the recently-broadcast Murray Walker documentary – reviewed here on Richard’s F1 – sparked a last-minute surge in support for the 87-year-old commentating legend to be knighted in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Sadly, fans weren’t to see ‘Sir Murray’ noted on any official announcements from Buckingham Palace, but we remain hopeful that the ever-excitable Murray will be recognised for his outstanding contribution to the sport next year!
[Image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020