With this weekend being the Canadian Grand Prix, it is undoubtedly fitting that we should be acknowledging Jean Alesi’s 47th birthday today.
The French-Sicilian took his sole Grand Prix victory here in 1995 at the wheel of a Ferrari, sparking an incredible wave of emotion up and down the pit lane in recognition of one of the most spectacular drivers on the grid.
Fittingly, it was his 31st birthday on that very day. An enigmatic and mercurial driver, his aura is still felt some ten years after he last set foot in an F1 cockpit in anger.
We wish Jean a very happy birthday today!
[Image via F1 Nostalgia]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020