With this weekend being the Canadian Grand Prix, it is undoubtedly fitting that we should be acknowledging Jean Alesi’s 47th birthday today.
The French-Sicilian took his sole Grand Prix victory here in 1995 at the wheel of a Ferrari, sparking an incredible wave of emotion up and down the pit lane in recognition of one of the most spectacular drivers on the grid.
Fittingly, it was his 31st birthday on that very day. An enigmatic and mercurial driver, his aura is still felt some ten years after he last set foot in an F1 cockpit in anger.
We wish Jean a very happy birthday today!
[Image via F1 Nostalgia]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019