Organisers of August’s Ipswich 300 event have changed up the format of the race weekend by adding an extra race into the mix.
Saturday’s on-track activity has now been expanded to two 22-lap races, while Sunday’s 200km race remains as is.
The unique feature is that the two Saturday races will be split by just 15 minutes, placing the onus on drivers to have an incident-free first race to ensure they can make the start of the second one.
The qualifying order for the second Saturday race will be determined by the finishing order of the first
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020