Motorsport is seemingly taking on a greater interest in Hollywood, with rumours growing that acclaimed director Ron Howard is set to start directing a film about Niki Lauda called Rush.
Thirty-five years after he famously battled James Hunt for the 1976 title, returning to the track just six weeks after suffering critical burns at the German Grand Prix, British screenwriter Peter Morgan is set to retell the story to a new generation.
The LA Times has reported that the film has secured financial backing and will start shooting later this year in Europe.
There is no word as yet on any of the actors cast for the roles of Lauda and Hunt, although we would welcome your ideas in our ‘Comments’ section below…
[Images via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020