Ford is reportedly considering a return to the World Touring Car Championship with its new-shape Focus model.
AIM team boss Mike Earle has confirmed: “We are evaluating the build of a WTCC car and we’ve started work already. It should be ready in November.
“It’s an evaluation project with Ford and we’ll decide where we go with it. No-one has committed to anything.”
Ford last participated in the World Touring Car Championship in its return season in 2005 with the German-run Hotfiel team (pictured).
[Image via EuroFordClub]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018