Ford is reportedly considering a return to the World Touring Car Championship with its new-shape Focus model.
AIM team boss Mike Earle has confirmed: “We are evaluating the build of a WTCC car and we’ve started work already. It should be ready in November.
“It’s an evaluation project with Ford and we’ll decide where we go with it. No-one has committed to anything.”
Ford last participated in the World Touring Car Championship in its return season in 2005 with the German-run Hotfiel team (pictured).
[Image via EuroFordClub]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018