Ford is reportedly considering a return to the World Touring Car Championship with its new-shape Focus model.
AIM team boss Mike Earle has confirmed: “We are evaluating the build of a WTCC car and we’ve started work already. It should be ready in November.
“It’s an evaluation project with Ford and we’ll decide where we go with it. No-one has committed to anything.”
Ford last participated in the World Touring Car Championship in its return season in 2005 with the German-run Hotfiel team (pictured).
[Image via EuroFordClub]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020