A left-field piece of speculation is quickly gathering momentum here in Australia, with reports claiming that Toro Rosso reserve driver Daniel Ricciardo will make his F1 race debut at next weekend’s British Grand Prix.
According to reports, Red Bull will loan the West Australian to Hispania Racing, where he will replace Narain Karthikeyan, who has struggled in his return to Formula 1 after a lengthy absence from the sport.
The SpeedCafe website claims that an announcement confirming the change in line-up will be made later today.
The latest speculation is that Ricciardo – who will celebrate his 22nd birthday tomorrow – will be Karthikeyan’s replacement for the remainder of the season, with the exception of October’s inaugural Indian Grand Prix.
Stay tuned to Richard’s F1 for the latest news as it comes to hand.
[Images via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020