A left-field piece of speculation is quickly gathering momentum here in Australia, with reports claiming that Toro Rosso reserve driver Daniel Ricciardo will make his F1 race debut at next weekend’s British Grand Prix.
According to reports, Red Bull will loan the West Australian to Hispania Racing, where he will replace Narain Karthikeyan, who has struggled in his return to Formula 1 after a lengthy absence from the sport.
The SpeedCafe website claims that an announcement confirming the change in line-up will be made later today.
The latest speculation is that Ricciardo – who will celebrate his 22nd birthday tomorrow – will be Karthikeyan’s replacement for the remainder of the season, with the exception of October’s inaugural Indian Grand Prix.
Stay tuned to Richard’s F1 for the latest news as it comes to hand.
[Images via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018