Just over a year after making his F1 race debut, Ayrton Senna – in just his second race outing with Team Lotus – would achieve the first of his 65 career pole positions, and the first of his 41 career victories with an imperious display of driving at a rain-hit Portuguese Grand Prix.
Watch his post-race interview with Murray Walker, and it’s quite clear that we’re witnessing greatness in the making…
Have you entered our SENNA readership giveaway yet? Five lucky winners will receive a double pass to watch the SENNA documentary at participating cinemas. Click here to enter.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020