Just over a year after making his F1 race debut, Ayrton Senna – in just his second race outing with Team Lotus – would achieve the first of his 65 career pole positions, and the first of his 41 career victories with an imperious display of driving at a rain-hit Portuguese Grand Prix.
Watch his post-race interview with Murray Walker, and it’s quite clear that we’re witnessing greatness in the making…
Have you entered our SENNA readership giveaway yet? Five lucky winners will receive a double pass to watch the SENNA documentary at participating cinemas. Click here to enter.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018