The third episode of Top Gear’s seventeenth series hit the airwaves over the weekend, and the main highlight was the appearance of a certain reigning Formula 1 World Champion to compete in the F1 Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car segment.
But there was also plenty more happening in this excellent episode…
Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond compare the offerings of some second-hand bargains against Britain’s cheapest new car, the sub-seven-grand Nissan Pixo.
James May takes Range Rover’s new Evoque – which apparently had Victoria Beckham as a design consultant – through its paces in Death Valley en route to pick up a certain (very cosmetically-enhanced) songstress from a performance in Las Vegas.
The best car segment of the episode is Clarkson’s review of the McLaren MP4-12C hypercar, which was originally promised for the previous episode. Apparently rival show Fifth Gear beat them to the punch with a comparison test against the Ferrari 458 Italia, and it looks as though a hastily put together re-edit adopted the same theme. It’s spectacularly produced and full of brilliant Clarkson one-liners.
But the highlight is undoubtedly the interview and hot lap of a certain Mr Vettel…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020