And while the driver market is often at the forefront of most people’s attention when discussing all things Formula 1, the movements of key staff behind the scenes is another important market all of its own.
Italian magazine Autosprint is claiming that Red Bull Racing’s aerodynamics chief Peter Prodromou (pictured being doused on the podium) could be jumping ship to Mercedes GP. Prodromou has been a long-time partner of his direct manager – and creator of the RB7 – Adrian Newey, with the pair having worked together at McLaren.
Newey is himself under contract to Red Bull Racing until at least 2014.
Another rumour is that McLaren senior aerodynamicist Rupad Darekar and CFD expert Ioannis Veloudis could join Ferrari, reuniting with their old boss Pat Fry, who now heads up Ferrari’s technical department as the replacement for Aldo Costa.
Meanwhile, there is also speculation that Sam Michael – who fell on his sword as Williams’ technical boss after the teams winless streak continues – is in talks with Force India. Before his move to Williams in the early 2000s, Michael worked for the Silverstone team under its former Jordan guise.
[Image via Sulekha News Hopper]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020