Former Indy Lights race-winner Martin Plowman will make his IndyCar Series debut next month, after securing a three-race deal with Sam Schmidt Motorsports.
The 23-year-old will compete at next month’s Mid-Ohio race, as well as two more road course races at Sear Point and Baltimore.
Having finished third in the Indy Lights series last year, Plowman has not raced at all this year. Before crossing the Atlantic to race Stateside, he competed in the F3 Euro Series and various Formula Renault championships.
“I’m thrilled to finally complete one of my goals, driving in the IndyCar Series,” he said during the announcement. “This day is the one I have been looking forward to for the last 15 years.
“Sam Schmidt Motorsports has proven themselves for years in Indy Lights and now this season in IndyCar, having won the pole position at both Indy and Texas. It will be a great partnership,” he added, while also thanking team principal Sam Schmidt for giving him the opportunity.
[Original image via IZOD IndyCar Series]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020