During Ayrton Senna’s rise to Formula 1, he was the subject of much interest from several teams in 1983, with Williams, McLaren and Toleman all giving the Brazilian testing opportunities.
In fact, it was Williams that first gave the Brazilian an outing in an F1 car, and despite Ayrton’s obvious pace, team boss Frank Williams did not take the opportunity to sign him up. They would eventually reunite in 1994, but the marriage would prove all too brief and tragic, as we all know.
Check out this clip of Ayrton’s first F1 test (please forgive the Hungarian subtitles)…
Have you entered our SENNA readership giveaway yet? Five lucky winners will receive a double pass to watch the SENNA documentary at participating cinemas. Click here to enter.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018