We had the great pleasure of travelling to Melbourne today to cover the Australian premiere and red carpet of the SENNA documentary release.
The event was well-attended by a host of celebrities and sporting figures, and we had the great privilege of interviewing former motorcycle champions Mick Doohan and Wayne Gardner, as well as former Minardi owner Paul Stoddart and former F1 driver Tim Schenken.
Stoddart kicked off festivities when he arrived at the Crown Complex driving one of his famous two-seater Minardis, with a competition winner as his lucky passenger. The winner of the competition to find Australia’s biggest Ayrton Senna fan was Michael Nikitas, who owns an enormous collection of Senna memorabilia.
It was a spectacle of noise and colour, until the clutch started to misbehave just metres before his parking spot and the car stalled! Undeterred, it was still amazing to hear the noise and to take plenty of pictures.
Here is a selection of some of the images from the evening; the complete gallery can be found on our Facebook page.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020