Hardly the start to his home race for Adrian Sutil, who crashed a high-powered supercar on the Nurburgring’s infamous Nordschleife circuit.
The 28-year-old was enjoying some laps of the daunting circuit in a Gumbert Apollo when he lost control and hit the crash barriers.
The car was photographed being taken from the scene on a flatbed truck, with the car’s carbonfibre bodywork suffering just superficial damage.
[Image via MotorAuthority]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020