Stefano D’Aste and Ibrahim Okyay will return to World Touring Car Championship competition at this weekend’s Race of Germany at Oschersleben.
After missing the last round at Donington due to pre-existing commitments to race in the GT4 European Cup at Zolder (winning both heats in his Lotus Evora), D’Aste will return to his new seat at Wiechers Sport, driving the BMW 320TC.
The Italian had led the second race on his return to the championship at the preceding round in Porto, and he’ll be hoping he can continue with his solid form in Germany, on a circuit that typically favours the BMWs.
Turkish Touring Car champion Okyay will make his second WTCC appearance of the season in his normally-aspirated Borusan Otomotiv BMW 320si, as he continues to evaluate a possible full season of competition next year.
Okyay made his first appearance of the season at the Race of Italy at Monza, claiming a pair of 16th-placed finishes.
[Images via FIA WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020