Craig Pollock’s PURE engine building group has signed up former Ferrari engine boss Gilles Simon to its roster.
Frenchman Simon earned plaudits for designing near-bulletproof engines for the Prancing Horse during the mid-to-late 2000s, and has more recently been working in the FIA as its powertrain chief.
A statement confirmed that Simon will join PURE – which aims to supply cut-price customer engines to teams when the new engine regulations kick in for the 2014 season – from August.
“This opportunity is a fantastic challenge and allows me to go to back to my passion – designing engines,” Simon is quoted as saying.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020