The landscape of motorsport in Australia was changed forever when, in 1997, V8 Supercars was born from the remains of the Australian Touring Car Championship.
And in those years since, there has been unquantifiable growth in the championship series that now enjoyed a huge local and international following, while the sport has ventured as far offshore as Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and China.
V8 Supercars: The Whole Story is the first definitive, illustrated history of the sport to be published. The book looks at all aspects of the championship: from the key figures, teams and circuits, to controversies, clashes and disputes. It also looks at what steps the sport is going – and needs – to take for the future.
Officially licensed by V8 Supercars Australia, the book covers a wealth of content, facts and stats, as well as including an assortment of the highest-quality images from almost fifteen years of the championship.
For fans of the V8 Supercars championship, this is a must-have on your bookshelf.
Using our unique ‘Chequered Flags’ rating system, we award V8 Supercars: The Whole Story…
OUT OF A POSSIBLE FIVE.
V8 Supercars: The Whole Story is available for sale countrywide from today, RRP AU$49.95.
Click here to return to view other book reviews by Richard’s F1.
Our review copy was supplied by Penguin Australia.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020