Germany’s Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper is running reports claiming that disgraced former Renault team principal Flavio Briatore is also involved in the Gerhard Gribkowsky bribery affair surrounding Bernie Ecclestone.
The paper claims that Bavaria’s public prosecution service, the Staatsanwaltschaft, is examining the Italian, claiming that some of the money sent to Gribkowsky was done so via a company owned by Briatore.
The report continues to add that up to four lawyers – three being from Switzerland – are also being investigated by state prosecutors after Swiss police allegedly raided their offices in search of evidence.
What is not yet known is who the lawyers may have been working for: Ecclestone himself, or his Bambina Holdings company, which has also been accused of being privy to the affair when Formula 1’s commercial rights were sold to CVC Capital Holdings.
[Image via Daily Mail]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020