Mr Bean’s Rowan Atkinson has incredibly escaped without injury after crashing his McLaren F1 supercar into a tree last night. The car caught fire, and he managed to escape the wreck unassisted.
Atkinson recently broke the lap record in Top Gear’s ‘Star in a Reasonably Priced Car’ segment in the show’s latest season.
According to reports, Atkinson was driving last night at about 7:30pm on the A605 in Cambridgeshire, when it is believed his beloved McLaren F1 supercar – of which he was one of the very first buyers – spun off the road before hitting a tree.
A fire started at the rear of the car, and he escaped before the blaze took hold. A passing motorist stopped to assist the shaken actor, who was taken to a local hospital after complaining of pains to his shoulder.
Fire crews were quickly on the scene and managed to put out the fire before it did too much damage to his car. It is believed that this is the second time he has crashed his car, which he has also loaned to Top Gear in the past for filming.
[Image via CarAdvice]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020